CPA vs. Revshare: Which Is Best?
When signing up with a new forex affiliate program you will get asked to choose between a CPA deal or a revenue share deal (revshare). You want to make as much money as possible, but which of these two options is best?
If you are going to promote something, it needs to be something that pays well. Revenue share (revshare) is usually the best for longterm profits.
Not all readers are familiar with CPA and revshare, here is an explanation:
- CPA or Cost Per Acquisition is the commission model where you get paid a certain amount for every trader you bring. There might be some constraints, such as the trader must deposit money into the trader account within 12 months.
- Revshare or Revenue share is the typical "lifetime revenue" model, where you get paid a certain percent of the profits made by the client you refer. The revshare percentage can be as low as 5% or as high as 25%. If your client (the person you have referred) generates a profit of 100,000 over a period of 3 years, you will earn 25,000 from that client.
From our experience, these are good guidelines when choosing between CPA or revshare:
- Choose revshare if you can get good leads and if you want to make money for the long term. Revenue share is definitly the best option if you want to make as much money as possible. Revshare is the best longterm option.
- Choose CPA if you can get people to deposit money into their forex account from an early stage. If you want to make money quickly, and care more about what you will make right now than in the next year, this option is for you. In total you will make less money than on a revenue share based commission scheme, but you might make more money in the short term.
Let's say you refer one trader, and this person will generate $300 in CPA commissions for you this month. If you had a revshare deal, you might not earn anything the first month, but over a period of twelwe months this trader can make you $10,000 or more. Revshare is usually the best option.
However, there are no rules to this. You might also want to consider a third option, offered by some forex affiliate programs:
- Hybrid commission scheme includes both CPA and revshare. For some affiliates this is definitly the best option. If this is an option when you sign up, and if you don't know which of the two (revshare or CPA) is best for you, then go with the hybrid.
Your goal should be to make as much money as possible, and you will benefit greatly if you have a longterm business strategy.
In conclusion, revenue share is the best option, and you might want to negotiate a CPA deal on top of that. A hybrid scheme with good commissions is the best solution, but for most affiliate programs you will need to prove yourself before you can get a hybrid deal.
Forex-Affiliates Can Now Make Up To $10,000... per click!
The revshare model offered by Forex-Affiliate is probably the best deal in the entire affiliate industry.
- You can make up to $10,000 per sign up.
- The sky is the limit. Make $100 or $1,000,000 per month!
Forex-Affiliate provides a revshare model, but they use the term EV which stands for Economic Value. The percentage is 25% which is probably the highest in the industry.
The Economic Value of a trader is a combination of two things. First, you have the Volume Traded, and then it is the Effective Spread (and the spread is a rate which the company charges on each deal that is opened or closed).
- Click here to get the best revshare deal in the world
- No thanks, I want to read more about Forex-Affiliate first.